Thursday, May 27, 2010

Bagels and Books

You may not think it, but Bellingham has become quite the major foodie hot spot and over the years it's only gotten better and better as great local restaurants and shops continue to open around here. I love how many of the businesses will purchase items from other local establishments, therefore creating a community support group for independent business owners. And since my parents use to run their own restaurant, I am all about supporting your local mom and pop shops. With a stop at one of my favorite breakfast places followed by a stop at the Bellingham library's annual book sale, Matt and I were able to support the local community while making our stomachs and book collection very happy.



One of my most favorite places in Bellingham is The Bagelry. I've gone to this place regularly since high school and I always order the same thing. The Bagelry makes their own bagels on site and is so good! So if you're ever in town, make sure to stop by here!




Matt loves the pumpernickel bagel and got it alongside the Farmer's Omelette.


My usual order minus the eggs (I felt in need of some protein this morning): a bialy with a schmear of Italian cream cheese. So what is a bialy you might ask? Good question! It's almost like a bagel except that it only has a center depression instead of a hole, and is not boiled before it's baked and has poppyseeds and onions sprinkled on top - yummy!


This weekend in Bellingham is Ski-to-Sea, a time of fun community events, culminating in a major outdoor race on Memorial Day consisting of activities like mountain biking, canoeing, and kayaking, just to name a few. One of the benchmarks of this event is a major booksale at the library and Matt and I cleaned up! Books at $1 each?! Shut!


$12 = 12 books. Woo hoo!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment