Tuesday, May 25, 2010

B.B.C.

It's no coincidence that their license plate slogan says "Beautiful British Columbia" for that's exactly what it is, and then some. Being the westernmost province of Canada, British Columbia is absolutely gorgeous and if you've never traveled up that way, you should, especially if you love the great outdoors. We had the privilege of being taken up to Whistler these last couple days by my Uncle Siha and Aunt Nhung (my dad's sister) and staying at their timeshare. My parents, Matt, Jet, and I had never been before so we were very excited to go up north. Whistler not only recently hosted much of the 2010 Winter Olympics, but it is also known for being one of the best places in the world to ski/snowboard. Yesterday was the last open day on the slopes and we didn't get a chance to hit the snow so Matt will just have to wait till this winter to get Jet on some skis. I absolutely loved Whistler - everywhere you looked was like looking at a postcard and I definitely want to come back again when the snowy season is in full swing.



Okay, for my fellow Americans who are not familiar with Tim Hortons, the Canadian would say, "Shame on you!" T.H. is Canada's equivalent to America's Starbucks (many would argue that it's even better) and is Canada's largest restaurant chain. And just who is this Tim Horton you might ask? Well he was a hockey player who started this enterprise in 1964 before dying in a car accident 10 years later, leaving behind a legacy that would do him proud. So whether you define it as customer loyalty or maniacal obsession, one thing's for sure, Canadians love their Tim Hortons and my husband is no exception. As soon as we crossed the border, the only thing on his mind was, "Gimmie my Timmies!"


Matt + Tim Horton's = Pure Happiness


After having his first cup of Timmie Ho's, Jet was overcome with superhero strength and didn't need to sit in a carseat anymore.


Crossing Lion's Gate Bridge to Whistler


Whistler Village





Having worked at the Four Seasons in Westlake Village, I had to give a shout out to the Four Seasons peeps in Whistler. This location was huge and so pretty. Man, I miss those comp nights!

The place we stayed at was right in town so all we had to do was walk across the street and we were right in Whistler Village. This place was so nice, loved it!


Notice how the American is victoriously on top? Oh snap! Okay, I know, I know, Canada won the most gold medals at this year's Winter Games, I'm just jealous.


A stop at Tantalus Lookout on our way home from Whistler. Gorgeous scenery - the background wasn't bad either;)


Shannon Falls







The most bite-able cheeks!

1 comment:

  1. So fun!! Isn't Whistler beautiful?? I also want to go back when its all snowy and white!
    Glad you guys are having such a blast, love all the pics! Miss you!!

    ReplyDelete