Wednesday, May 19, 2010

The Phans

Ever seen the movie, "My Big Fat Greek Wedding"? Well, I've always thought that my family is just like that, except Asian style. My dad is the oldest of 11 kids and all his siblings live around here so every time we have a family gathering, it's guaranteed to be loud, crowded, and full of food. Last night we had just a small handful of my family over, with most of them meeting Jet for the first time. I love the crazy and rowdy dynamic of my family - so fun!


My Grandma on my dad's side. She is definitely the matriarch figure in our family and I'm so glad she was finally able to meet her great grandson. Those red bags that are in Jet's hands are known as Chinese lucky bags that typically hold money and are given at special occasions, i.e. Chinese New Year, birthdays, weddings, etc. In this case, Jet received a couple of them as a welcome gift and judging by that smile, I think he knew some bling was coming his way.


"Where is Waldo?":)
Matt has been such a champ in not only acclimating to our family but also to our culture. He is so good with trying new foods and learning some Chinese and Vietnamese phrases and is such a natural fit with our family.





One of the easiest, healthiest, and tastiest dishes you can always make is roasted vegetables. Just chop up whatever veggies you like, toss it in some olive oil, salt, and pepper, bake at 400 degrees until tender, and you've got yourself a foolproof veggie dish. My mom made this last night with sweet potatoes, yams, beets,and carrots - so good!

1 comment:

  1. hey suelynn! i found your blog and your son is super ADORABLE!!! can't wait to see where the Lord takes you guys!!

    <3
    kenzie irby

    ReplyDelete