Monday, May 10, 2010

My Hubby Graduated!

When I first met Matt, he had just come down to Southern California all the way from Ontario, Canada to attend the Master's Seminary. And now here we are, 3 years later, married, parents to a 3 month old, and Matt graduating with his Masters in Divinity.

I think that the number one way to assess whether your time at seminary was successful, the true litmus test, is whether all the knowledge you gained translates into how you live. It can be easy to get caught up in the academia of studying the Bible, but as believers we know that this means nothing if it doesn't transform you as a result. Well, I have to say that my husband has graduated with flying colors and I am so proud of the man who stands on this side of the fence of seminary. During these last 3 years, I have seen Matt's knowledge of God and His word deepen, from getting down to the nitty gritty work of parsing to writing papers on functional inerrancy, I have learned so much by Matt talking to me about all the things he was learning about. And most importantly, I have seen Matt's love and affection for the Savior grow and he is more like Christ today than when he first started school - and that my friends, is what I call the ultimate education.

I am married to the most amazing man I know; his patience, kindness, and love is a constant encouragement and example to me and I feel so honored and blessed that I am his and that he is mine. I love you with all my heart Baby - woo hoo, you're all done!!!

Matt with his brothers Daniel and Mark






1 comment:

  1. Congratulations Matt! Suey! I can't believe you're gone! I'm so glad I was able to see you guys before you left. Give Jet lots of kisses from me.

    ReplyDelete