Sunday, May 9, 2010

Not good-bye, but see you later...


This week has been very busy as we finish packing up and hanging out with people before we exit California. I can't believe that we leave so soon:( We've been getting spoiled being treated to so many wonderful meals; we are so thankful for the many precious friendships God has blessed us with - that will by far be the number one thing I will miss most in leaving here.


So thankful to have dinner with the Hamiltons. Chris and Ann were so kind to treat us - they are always doing stuff like that! We love the Hammies so much and are so thankful for their wisdom, example, and love.


The Ham girls! I can't believe how much I've been able to see them all grow up. I remember Katie coming into high school ministry as a freshman and now she's engaged to be married! Laura is graduating from high school and will be attending Pepperdine in the fall, and I think Sara is officially taller than me! Okay, maybe that's been true for a while now but I think she's grown even taller since I last saw her. Talk about feeling old! (and short!)


Jim and Dolores are our neighbors who live below us. They are some of the most generous and thoughtful people we have ever met - they were always spoiling us with everything from delicious homemade meats to cupcakes, to supplying Jet with enough clothes to last him to his teens;) Anyway, they treated us to dinner at a place called "The Gardens of Taxco," down in West Hollywood. If you've never been there before, I would recommend checking it out. It's a very unique dining experience set in a charming, kitschy space with a yummy New Mexican-style 5 course meal. There are no menus except for a man whose full-time job it is to recite what's available to every table in the place. We had such a great time talking and getting to know them better and wish we would've been able to hang out with them more.


We have gotten to know Jonathan and Meredith Morton really well this last year and we love them so much. Our time together is always such a great balance of silly laughter to serious talks and we are so thankful for their friendship. They were so sweet to treat us to dinner at this lovely restaurant on Melrose, which served gourmet comfort food. Everyone's meal was delicious, the service was great, and we had such a fun time. Thanks so much Morties!


We love the Morties!


Me and my hot date.


I ordered the Kobe beef burger with pomme frites - so good!


This is what Jet did the entire time - such a sweet little baby!



Crystal came over to babysit Jet one night but Matt and I ended up not doing what we originally planned so Crystal and I got to hang out instead, which was such a blessing for me to spend just a bit more time with her before we leave. As we sat eating Tutti Frutti yogurt, laughing and talking, my heart rejoiced in the blessing of this friendship. Crystal, thank you for being such a faithful friend to me throughout all these years - I love you so much and will miss you dearly.


Okay, so I know that I already posted a picture of Jet in his tub but I can't resist posting some more. This kid LOVES, absolutely LOVES, bath time and I love it as much as him because I get to witness the priceless joy he expresses when he's in the water. What a little character he is, and now, without further ado, I introduce to you the many faces and expressions of Jet Matthew Sylvester!!!

Happy Camper!


"Like, whatever."


"How you doin'?"


"Who me?"


"You talkin' to me?"


"Can I get a woop, woop?!"

1 comment:

  1. Jet is so precious. I'm sorry we didn't get a chance to spend more time together. We'll stay update on all your doing and keep you in our prayers. Love you.

    ReplyDelete