Friday, August 13, 2010

Deerhurst - Day 2

Today was another fun-filled day of enjoying ourselves at Deerhurst Resort in Muskoka. The weather was absolutely beautiful and we had so much fun spending the day together as a family and enjoying God's rich blessings of life here on earth.


The view from our breakfast table


A good start to the day


Checking out some local artwork in the resort's gallery


Matt surprised me with a massage at the spa - we're here to celebrate our anniversary but I was telling Matt that I feel more like it's my birthday because he is spoiling me like crazy and doing everything he can to make sure this is a special trip for me. I can't believe that I have the privilege of being married to this man and am so thankful that he said "I Do" 2 years ago.


More swim time


We've got a fishy on our hands


Play hard, sleep hard


We had such a lovely dinner here tonight. This place is a historical staple in Muskoka.


Our server at dinner was the third person to think Jet was a girl today - three people, in one day! Maybe I'm a bit biased but I think he totally looks like a boy. No more neutral colors allowed - only bold, manly colors from here on out:)


The amuse-bouche was compliments of the chef, a tuna and beef tartare. The tuna was good but I couldn't bring myself to eat the raw beef, so Matt ate mine and said it was good too.


For a starter we decided on the mushroom ravioli - very tasty


Mattie ordered the seared tuna loin, which he really enjoyed


If there is beef on the menu, I'll probably order it. Especially if it comes with potatoes.


Post-dinner snuggles in the warm summer breeze, ahhh... the sweet moments in life!


For dessert, we couldn't pass up the opportunity to have some more Kawartha Dairy icecream! We'll definitely have to kick up the exercise a couple notches when we get home:)

1 comment:

  1. Especially love that last pic Sue, ha! All the other pics and updates were fun to see/read. Just catchin' up with you via blog. Happy Anniversary!!!

    ReplyDelete