Sunday, January 30, 2011

Back to Bellingham

 Well, we ended up making it safe and sound to Bellingham late last night after a long wait at customs and after a somewhat chaotic airplane ride with Jet. But we're here now and were blessed to experience a gloriously beautiful sunny day today. Matt and I were able to get out for a bit while my parents watched Jet. We walked around our favorite part of Bellingham called Fairhaven. We love this area, it's close to the water and is filled with local shops and restaurants that make it unique and special. We started off with a visit to Tony's Coffee to pick up some local brew, then took a stroll down the street to visit our most favorite used bookstore, Eclipse Bookstore. I scored a book I've been wanting to read for awhile called,  "The Omnivore's Dilemma" by Michael Pollan and then we were able to make a stop at my beloved Target. You don't know what you got until it's gone and boy do I miss that place. But, good news for Canada, Target is set to arrive in 2013 - woo hoo!!! Tomorrow is Jet's birthday party with my family so we are looking forward to that, until then...


 Testing out the seats


 The squirrely-ness begins


 Fairhaven!




 My most favorite chicken Caesar salad can be found at the Colophon Cafe


The Greens at Fairhaven. A Farmer's Market is held here weekly and during the summer they project movies on the side of a building for public viewing, how cool is that?

No comments:

Post a Comment