Saturday, February 12, 2011

2nd Bday Party

Having two families on opposite coasts is working out quite well for the Monkey; having already celebrated his upcoming 1 year birthday with the Phan family in Washington, we celebrated again today with Team Canada. The place was teeming with adults and kids alike and we had a great time eating, talking, and laughing as we celebrated the joyous occasion of Monkey turning 1!


Pre-party breakfast, excited to par-tay!


We had a chili and baked potato bar; I highly recommend this menu for large group parties, this is when crockpots are truly your friend.


The spread


 Yellow cupcakes with buttercream frosting & sprinkles


I got this great idea for veggie dip cups from my Crafty Spice friend, Carly Brannon


 Decided to put the fruit into cups too; I really liked serving individual portions, makes it easy for people to help themselves, plus, they look so pretty this way!


Popcorn bar


 Gettin' the party started with Sarah & Karis Hales and Grandma Sylvester


 What better way to celebrate a 1st birthday than to eat a 1st cupcake?


 Jet was unsure about the cupcake at first, thinking it was something more to play with than eat. But then Matt stuck a piece of it into his mouth and it was over.










 I think he liked it:)


 Grandma love


 Present time!


 At one point during the opening of presents, I looked down amidst all the gifts and little kids and didn't see Jet. This Munchkin is so quick and stealthy, he had crawled underneath the table without anyone seeing him, I call him my "Houdini Baby."


I later found photographic evidence of his escape in progress 
(I have no idea what Matt and I are distracted by)


 Jet got lots of books - yay! - we love books.


 With Uncle Adam & Auntie Ive


We are so thankful for our little Monkey


 It's been a hard day's play. Party: success!

No comments:

Post a Comment