Saturday, February 5, 2011

Avenue Bread

The older I get, the more I appreciate this town that I grew up in. Granted, it's evolved quite a bit since I lived here, but there are just so many great local establishments around here, which lends itself to having a unique culture and strong sense of community. Matt and I ventured out to a place down in Fairhaven earlier today called Avenue Bread; this place makes their own bread and pastries and tries to use local and organic products as much as possible. It was SOOOO good and if you're ever in the area, I highly recommend it. In fact, if you're ever visiting the Seattle area, plan on driving up to Vancouver B.C., and stop in Bellingham on the way; this town is worth checking out.






Their coffee was so good! The free refills was an added bonus.


Matt's order: The El Nino: tuna tossed with balsamic vinegar, with lettuce, tomato, and provolone on sour dough. He loved it.


You can't see it but I'm eyeing their bread case where you can buy freshly baked loaves and rolls everyday.


 My order: The Avenue Club: turkey, ham, bacon, with cheddar cheese, red onion, lettuce, tomato, mayo, and dijon mustard on toasted sour dough - just look at this sandwich, don't you want to just take a big bite? It was absolutely delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment