Friday, February 25, 2011

"California Dreamin'..."

"... on such a winter's day." The Mamas and the Papas know what I'm talking about, more snow fell earlier today and I can't even remember what it was like to live in sunny Southern California. I had the joy of having some girls and their babies from church come over for lunch today and it wasn't until I was done making everything that I realized just how "summery" the menu was. I think I was sub-consciously missing warm, sunshiney days and was trying to bring some of it here, if not by weather, then by food!

Props to Ina Garten for her recipes; we had a wonderful time eating, talking, and spending time together; thanks for coming over girls, can't wait to hang out again!


The backyard. The winter hasn't been as bad as I thought it would be since snow is still somewhat of a novelty to me.


Cheddar Corn Chowder w/Bacon and Potatoes. Click here for recipe.


Panzanella. First time I made it - soooo good! Will definitely make again. Recipe here.


Strawberry angel food cake parfait


A nice light and delicious lunch! 


The gang

No comments:

Post a Comment