Thursday, March 3, 2011

Happy Birthday Hunny!

Today is Matt's 29th birthday - that's right, I robbed the cradle:) When I first met Matt, he was just a wee little 25 year old, fresh into seminary, hot off the plane from Canada. Now here we are, married for 2 1/2 years, with a 1 year old son, a baby girl on the way, and living back in Canada; that 25 year old Matt had no idea what was in store for him when we met! I look back at that time and am ever so thankful for God's ways and His timing and how He orchestrated everything to bring us together.

Some of the things that struck me the first time I met Matt was: 1. How cute he is, a blue-eyed, blonde-haired hottie! 2. How friendly and caring he is (he struck up a conversation with a stranger in line at Starbucks and ended up giving him the Gospel) 3. His sense of humor (I hadn't laughed like that in a long time, if ever). And you know what? The more I got to know him, all those qualities were only amplified, and even more amazing character traits came to light that made me love him more and more.

Matt is super modest and self-deprecating when it comes to himself so you wouldn't ever hear him tooting his own horn so that's why I'm going to do it! Matt loves the Lord more than anything or anyone else, made evident by his consistent obedience to God's word.  He loves and reveres the Bible and has allowed it to dwell within him richly as he relies on it for life, wisdom, and hope. He has a massive heart for people and is constantly taking the time to strike up meaningful conversations with strangers, to call people up, to meet them for coffee, to invite them over for dinner, utilizing whatever means possible to reach out and to minister to whoever he can. He isn't quick to take offense and is not a man given to anger, but he overlooks insult easily, remains calm in the face of provocation, and forgives limitlessly. Matt is also so much fun, is silly, rolls around the floor with Jet, makes me laugh with just one look, and loves living life. I could go on and on and on but hopefully this gives you a taste of what an amazing man this is.

Baby, I am your biggest fan, the more I know you, the more I love and admire you. You are the greatest example of Christ to me and I can't believe that you have chosen me to be your bride and that I get to spend the rest of my life with you. You are the jackpot I feel like I won every morning when I wake up and look at you. I constantly gaze at you, marvelling at God's goodness by allowing me to marry the most handsome and admirable man I know.  You are the best husband; you strive to love me as Christ loves the Church and you are the best Dad; you model true godliness for Jet (and our soon-to-be-born baby girl) to look up to and follow.

I love you more than I can ever say but may my actions succeed where my words may fail.

Happy, happy birthday my love. I love you, I love you, I love you.


1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful post Suelynn! Such a wonderful tribute to your man!

    Happy Bday Matt!! May your weekend be full of celebrating!!!

    ReplyDelete