Sunday, April 24, 2011

Happy Easter!

"If in Christ, we have hope in this life only, we are of all people most to be pitied." - 1 Corinthians 15:19

Praise the Lord for conquering death and for rising from the dead so that we not only have hope in this life but also in the life to come. 

We had a wonderful day celebrating this truth today as we worshiped with our church, Harvest Durham. Afterwards, we had an Easter/belated birthday lunch for Ive. On the menu today: Southern, Southern, Southern! I know, not typical Easter brunch fare but Ive had mentioned BBQ as one of her desired food choices so we went with that. 
p.s. I'm not posting a recipe link to every dish, only the ones I think are worth making again.

We had a fun time eating, hanging out and catching up; we thank God for giving us His Son as a propitiation for our sin and for the innumerable blessings He bestows upon us everyday of our lives. Praise be to God, forever and ever!


The crew


Homemade lemonade with sliced lemons and fresh mint - so good! I could've drank the whole pitcher myself.


BBQ'd ribs. Okay, so I didn't cook it the real way (on the grill) but I started them out in the crockpot then finished them off in the oven, baked, then broiled for some charring and it was still pretty tasty!


 Potato salad


Buttermilk biscuits


Coleslaw; since we don't have big mayo lovers in the family, I found a recipe that uses a vinaigrette instead, Matt loved it.


Baked beans


All together now...


Ive mentioned that she would like a cake with an Oreo crust so I made an icecream Oreo cake, which is very easy to make and turned out quite tasty.




And last but not least...
Climbing stairs: Jet's newfound hobby:)

1 comment: