Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Oatmeal Raisin Cookies

It took me awhile to find an oatmeal-raisin cookie recipe I really liked and when I finally discovered it, should I have been surprised that it would come from my girl Ina? It's so good, I leave out the pecans and sometimes sub out the raisins for cranberries - either way, it is delicious!

Here's the recipe:


Some tips:

- I typically put less sugar than what it calls for since I don't like my sweets to be too sweet. Rather than have the sugar be level with the cup, I'll have it be a little lower.

- You'll want to pull the cookies out when they look just about done. They'll continue to bake a little out of the oven so if it looks already done before you take them out, you've probably overbaked them.



So good!!!

And here's an oldie but a goodie; I went to one of Ina's book signings with my good friend Stacy years ago at Sur La Table in Santa Monica. I was such a nerd who was so excited to meet her that everything I wanted to say to her, how I loved her cookbooks so much, how I loved her style of cooking, how she inspired me to try new things, all came out in a measly, "It's so nice to meet you." Definitely a Ralphie meeting Santa from "A Christmas Story" kind of moment. If you have no idea what I'm referring to then do yourself a favor and watch this movie! Anyway, Stacy and I had fun meeting one of our foodie heroes - Ina rocks!

1 comment:

  1. Yumm! These sound delish, perfect fall cookie.

    You were the one who turned me on to Ina a long time ago! She's the best, I probably make an Ina dish once a week!? Miss you. Cj

    I want a pic with Ina!

    ReplyDelete