Friday, January 13, 2012

5 Minute Bread

It is difficult to find good, inexpensive artisan-type kinds of bread in the stores here so I have been wanting to make my own for awhile now. A few months ago I heard about this book and immediately set my mind to ordering it and I I finally got to try out my first recipe yesterday and I couldn't be happier with the result! I made their master recipe first and am looking forward to trying the other ones out soon.

Okay, so of course it takes longer than 5 minutes to make bread but the authors of this fab bread book are saying that it's 5 active minutes, the rest is waiting for the dough to rise and bake. You will make a big batch of dough and store it in the fridge so that when you are ready to bake, everything will be ready for you. There are a few number of steps involved but after you do it once, you'll be able to do it again easy peasy. Definitely worth it!


They have another book where they make regular artisan-type breads that looks good too but I thought I'd try to go the healthy route, especially if we're going to be eating it all the time:)


One of the best smells ever


Typically the pictures in cookbooks look a lot better than in real life, but in this case, their recipes and instructions are so good that the final product is a pretty close match to the loaf on the cover don't you think?


You will need a pizza baking stone and I also highly recommend investing in some Silpats and food scale to make your life easier.


We love it!

2 comments:

  1. This book is going on my wish list, yum! Just made soup, now wanting this bread to go with it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely need to get it - I know you will love it! What kind of soup did you make?

      Delete