Friday, January 20, 2012

Key Lime Pie

This is the easiest and tastiest key lime pie and the secret is all in the juice, you've got to use Nellie and Joe's Famous Key West Lime Juice . Their juice has got just the right zing that every good key lime pie should have and the recipe comes right off their bottle. Try it! If you can't get your hands on it, using fresh-squeezed key limes will do too. If you're super desperate you can use regular limes, but it won't taste the same.

(I recommend making your own graham cracker crust rather than buying the pre-made ones at the store. Try this one from Ina): http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ina-garten/frozen-key-lime-pie-recipe3/index.html

Nellie & Joe's Key Lime Pie
  • 9" graham cracker pie crust
  • 14 oz. can of sweetened condensed milk
  • 3 egg yolks (whites not used)
  • ½ cup Nellie & Joe's Key West Lime Juice
Combine milk, egg yolks and lime juice. Blend until smooth. Pour filling into pie crust and bake at 350ยบ for 15 minutes. Allow to stand 10 minutes before refrigerating. Just before serving, top with freshly whipped cream, or meringue, and garnish with lime slices.








Always a hit!

2 comments:

  1. Yuli,
    Of course you knew I had to say something to this post! Jacob teases me whenever we're in the kitchen together, I say the phrase that begins with, "Well, when I was at Clementine...."

    I just made a mud pie this morning for Jacob's sister's birthday and shaping the crust reminded me of those beautiful, spiky, crumbly creations we used to make "when we used to work at Clementine."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stace! I know, so many things have stuck with me from our Clementine days, the pies, marshmallows, cakes... But the best thing by far is YOU!!!

      Delete