Sunday, March 4, 2012

My Hubs is 30!!!

Saturday, March 3rd, was my Hunny's 30th birthday! It's about time he joined me in this decade - I don't feel as much as a cougar now that our ages share the same first digit:)

Happy Birthday Baby! You are the best man I know; you are godly, funny, compassionate, wise, and hot and you are an amazing husband and dad and we are so blessed to know and love you!

Being the low-key guy that he is, Mattie just wanted to celebrate with the family and just be together rather than have a big shindig so that's what we did.


Birthday breakfast in bed


Then later on that night we celebrated with a family dinner with the rest of the fam. Everyone contributed something to the meal and it was all delicious! Way to go Team Sylvester!


I made these "Four Leaf Clover Broccoli Cheddar Rolls" from you guessed it - this awesome bread book! and they turned out really good. And not like I ever do anything to commemorate St. Patrick's Day, but these would be perfect for the holiday and a great way to sneak in those green veggies.







Will definitely make again


I asked Matt what kind of cake he wanted this year and he said he wanted a light, lemony, strawberry one so I made yellow cake, layered with lemon curd and lemon mousse, topped with fresh strawberries. 







Turned out pretty tasty


Jet helping blow out candles


He did it! Total pro.


And here's a little video of the Monkey. I can't get over how much he's speaking, it seems as though every day he's saying new words and putting them together in phrases and mini-sentences, it's so crazy! So much of it will be him remembering me mention something and not exactly from me teaching him the word; my son is constantly impressing me with his memory and ability to articulate - enjoy the cuteness:



No comments:

Post a Comment